Friday 15 July 2011

It Was A Good Day

Today's blog isn't about law or the legal profession because quite frankly I've had enough of it this week.

Instead I shall relay the highlights of my week.

  1. Buying my daughter her first pair of proper shoes
I've created a monster. Another woman obsessed with shoes (she takes after her mother!). We took the baby to John Lewis to have her feet measured and fitted for her first pair of shoes on Wednesday evening. She has started to walk round the furniture and pull herself up to a standing position on anything she can grip so we figured it was about time.

While they're not exactly ruby red slippers, they are actually pretty cute and it's one more milestone I guess. We've decided to keep them once she grows out of them and maybe give them to her on her 21st along with all the other bits and pieces we've collected over the last ten months.

     2.  Lunch with a friend and new business contact

Went for lunch with a friend who works for a large regional firm yesterday. We went to a lovely deli on Deansgate. In keeping with the new health regime I decided on a chicken salad rather than a roast pork and apple sauce ciabatta. The interesting thing about lunch was not only catching up with a good friend but she was able to introduce me to a colleague who was gave me some good great advice and food for thought on starting my own practice. The option of her coming in to any new venture as a partner was discussed so we will see how things go. At least I have a growing list of options to match the growing mound of credit card bills.

     3. One week closer to seeing my in-laws 

My wife is Iranian and since we have been together I have never met both of her parents at the same time. Her brother has learning difficulties and was unable to get a visa to visit the UK for either our wedding or my daughter's birth. This meant that my father-in-law had to stay with him and missed both occasions too. We were given the news a couple of weeks ago that he had been granted a six month multiple entry visa on appeal and that all the family were going to come over for six weeks to visit. The great news is that they will all be here for the baby's first birthday. It will be the first time that both sides of the family will have been together in one place. lus my wife hasn't seen her brother in nearly six years so it's something we're both greatly looking forward to.

So that's it for this week. Will probably take a break from the blog over the weekend. I've got a lawn to finish mowing and drinks with friends to celebrate the last weekend of freedom for an old friend before he flies out to Thailand to get married.

Next week I'll be back with a little piece about Alternative Business Structures, more on the LSB decision to probe unregulated will writing and the moves to ban referral fees.

I'll be using songs as title to my posts in future so if you know where today's title comes from then well done you! Take pride in your knowledge of early 90's West Coast rap.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy reading this blog a lot. I wish the Beagle would update his legal woof woof more often.

    ReplyDelete